Charles H. Kanter
Mr. Kanter is a partner at Palmieri Tyler. Mr. Kanter's background includes experience in both state and federal courts. He has represented a variety of defendants in a wide spectrum of legal areas, including construction defect, real estate litigation, unfair competition, employment litigation, contract actions, insurance, business torts and partnership litigation.
- University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A., high honors (1972)
- University of California, Davis, J.D., Law Review (1976)
- Court Admissions
- Court of Appeals - Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court - Northern, Central and Southern Districts
- Professional Memberships and Activities
- State Bar of California
- Orange County Bar Association (Judicial Evaluation Committee)
- Other Professional Experience
- Mr. Kanter was a law clerk for the United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, from 1976-1977; and has served as a judge pro tem for the Orange County Superior Court.
- Presentations and Publications
- Mr. Kanter has served as a panelist for the Continuing Education of the Bar's Program on Fundamentals of Civil Litigation.
- Published Decisions
- Beneficial Life Ins. Co. v. Knobelauch, 653 F.2d 393 (1981)
- United States v. Sequel Contrs., Inc., 402 F.Supp.2d 1142 (2005)
- Aiello v. First Alliance Mortg. Co., 280 B.R. 246 (2002)
- Coalition for Student Action v. City of Fullerton, 153 Cal.App.3d 1194 (1984)
- Practice Area
- Business Litigation
- Product Liability
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation
- Employment Litigation