Erica M. Sorosky
Ms. Sorosky is a litigator whose practice consists of a wide range of business, employment and other civil litigation matters. She has represented a variety of companies and individuals in matters involving breach of contract, fraud, real property, toxic tort, product defect, employment, environmental contamination/remediation, and construction-related issues. Ms. Sorosky practices in both state and federal court. She handles all aspects of the litigation process, including pre-filing strategy, discovery, substantive pre-trial law and motion, mediation, arbitration, trial preparation and representation, and post-judgment law and motion.
Ms. Sorosky was named a Super Lawyers Rising Star for 2013 - 2018, as published in Los Angeles Magazine and Super Lawyers Magazine. Los Angeles Magazine also named her as one of the Top Women Attorneys in Southern California for 2013 - 2018.
- Settled litigation on behalf of a ground lessor against a ground lessee for breach of lease and damages relating to remediation of the contaminated subject property.
- Represented an individual against his former employer, a global financial services firm, in a federal multimillion dollar breach of employment contract matter.
- Represent and serve as National Coordinating Counsel for manufacturer of control valves in product defect-related litigation.
- Represent and serve as National Coordinating Counsel for manufacturer of boiler and commercial water heating products in product defect-related litigation.
- Represented international hotel chain against various commercial tenants in unlawful detainer disputes.
- Settled litigation on behalf of an HVAC sub-contractor sued, along with 20 other sub-contractors in multimillion dollar litigation, for defective construction work relating to the construction of a large-scale residential apartment complex in downtown Los Angeles.
- Defended a local employer against a former employee in a multimillion dollar wrongful termination, breach of contract, and violation of Labor Code matter.
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa (2004)
- University of California, Davis School of Law, J.D., U.C. Davis Law Review (2007)
- Court Admissions
- State of California
- U.S. District Court (Northern, Central, Southern, Eastern Districts of California)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Professional Memberships and Activities
- State Bar of California
- Orange County Bar Association
- William P. Gray Legion Lex American Inn of Court
- Associate Board Member, Orange County Bar Foundation
- Other Professional Experience
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable Bobbi Tillmon, Family Law Division, Santa Monica Superior Court (2005)
- September 25, 2014, "Enforceability of Choice-of-Law Provisions: Uber Confusing" Daily Journal
- January 6, 2015, "SB 1255: Redefining 'revenge porn' under law" Daily Journal
- Practice Areas
- Business Litigation
- Breach of Contract Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Product Defect Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution and Mediation
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation
- Condemnation and Inverse Condemnation Litigation
- Toxic Tort Litigation