Erica M. Sorosky
Ms. Sorosky is a litigator whose practice consists of a wide range of business, employment and other civil litigation matters. She has represented a variety of companies and individuals in matters involving breach of contract, fraud, real property, toxic tort, product defect, employment, environmental contamination/remediation, and construction-related issues. Ms. Sorosky practices in both state and federal court. She handles all aspects of the litigation process, including pre-filing strategy, discovery, substantive pre-trial law and motion, mediation, arbitration, trial preparation and representation, and post-judgment law and motion.
Ms. Sorosky was named a Super Lawyers Rising Star for 2013 - 2017, as published in Los Angeles Magazine and Super Lawyers Magazine. Los Angeles Magazine also named her as one of the Top Women Attorneys in Southern California for 2013 - 2017.
- Successfully prosecuted a breach of contract matter on behalf of a local commercial property owner against the former property owner, an American global aerospace and defense technology company, seeking damages relating to remediation of the contaminated subject property. After trial, the court awarded approximately $3.5 million in damages, fees, and costs.
- Settled litigation on behalf of a ground lessor against a ground lessee for breach of lease and damages relating to remediation of the contaminated subject property.
- Represented an individual against his former employer, a global financial services firm, in a federal multimillion dollar breach of employment contract matter.
- Represent and serve as National Coordinating Counsel for manufacturer of control valves in product defect-related litigation.
- Represent and serve as National Coordinating Counsel for manufacturer of boiler and commercial water heating products in product defect-related litigation.
- Represented international hotel chain against various commercial tenants in unlawful detainer disputes.
- Settled litigation on behalf of an HVAC sub-contractor sued, along with 20 other sub-contractors in multimillion dollar litigation, for defective construction work relating to the construction of a large-scale residential apartment complex in downtown Los Angeles.
- Defended a local employer against a former employee in a multimillion dollar wrongful termination, breach of contract, and violation of Labor Code matter.
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa (2004)
- University of California, Davis School of Law, J.D., U.C. Davis Law Review (2007)
- Court Admissions
- State of California
- U.S. District Court (Northern, Central, Southern, Eastern Districts of California)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Professional Memberships and Activities
- State Bar of California
- Orange County Bar Association
- William P. Gray Legion Lex American Inn of Court
- Associate Board Member, Orange County Bar Foundation
- Other Professional Experience
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable Bobbi Tillmon, Family Law Division, Santa Monica Superior Court (2005)
- September 25, 2014, "Enforceability of Choice-of-Law Provisions: Uber Confusing" Daily Journal
- January 6, 2015, "SB 1255: Redefining 'revenge porn' under law" Daily Journal
- Practice Areas
- Business Litigation
- Breach of Contract Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Product Defect Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution and Mediation
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation
- Condemnation and Inverse Condemnation Litigation
- Toxic Tort Litigation