Mr. Green has represented a wide range of clients in individual, multi-party and class-action claims in various industries including automotive, component parts, machinery, agriculture, construction, consumer goods, and insurance. Mr. Green has experience with complex business litigation, contract disputes, product defect, construction defect, wrongful death, and personal injury defense.
Mr. Green has served as litigation counsel for multiple automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and Tier One automotive suppliers in California, including representing clients in MDL, complex coordinated and consolidated proceedings involving multiple defendants and plaintiffs.
Mr. Green’s clients have included automotive OEMs and Tier One parts suppliers, national insurance companies, national banks, bankruptcy trustees, and dozens of companies in the fields of retail, newspaper, aviation, automotive, aerospace, environmental management, industrial manufacturing, and health care.
Prior to joining Palmieri Tyler, Mr. Green practiced as a litigator and bankruptcy attorney at an international Am Law 100 firm. Mr. Green has served as a Director of the Orange County Bankruptcy Forum, San Diego Bankruptcy Forum, and San Diego Forum for Emerging Lawyers. Mr. Green received his legal training from the University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, where he was an editor of the Journal of International Law and Foreign Affairs. During law school, he served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Erithe A. Smith and Honorable Neil W. Bason of the United States Bankruptcy Court – Central District. After law school, Mr. Green served as a law clerk to the honorable Deborah J. Saltzman of the United States Bankruptcy Court – Central District, in Los Angeles, California.
Prior to law school, Mr. Green researched truth detection and lie detection at the University of California, Los Angeles, and coauthored a paper on the topic published in the American College of Forensic Psychiatry. Mr. Green has also worked as the Chief Operations Officer at one of the largest permit expediting companies in Washington State, opened a cafe/restaurant, and was a firefighter and emergency medical technician for over five years.
- State of California
- Professional Memberships and Activities
- State Bar of California
- Orange County Bar Association
- College of Trial Advocacy, Orange County Bar Association, 2019
Other Professional Experience
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable Erithe A. Smith and Honorable Neil W. Bason of the United States Bankruptcy Court – Central District
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Deborah H. Saltzman of the United States Bankruptcy Court – Central District
- May, 2016, “Bankruptcy Pitfalls and Practice Tips” Orange County Lawyer
- “Training Laypersons to Detect Deception in Oral Narratives and Exchanges” American Journal of Forensic Psychology, 32, 1-22 (2011)
- Represent and serve as litigation counsel to multiple automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and Tier One automotive suppliers in matters throughout the United States, ranging from single vehicle product defect cases to multi-district product defect cases.
- Served as panel litigation counsel for a national insurance carrier, successfully defending the insured in a wide range of litigation matters including catastrophic injury, wrongful death, construction defect, and breach of contract.
- Prevailed in numerous personal jurisdiction challenges at pleading stage, resulting in either dismissal or nuisance value settlements.
- Successfully defended a healthcare services business in a multi-million dollar breach of contract case, defeated a motion for summary judgment, and negotiated a zero dollar settlement whereby plaintiff voluntarily dismissed its case for a waiver of costs.
- Successfully defended a business specializing in the manufacture and production of rubber products in a $500,000+ breach of contract case, and negotiated a nuisance value settlement consisting primarily of plaintiff receiving a discount on future purchases – a “win-win” as the business was guaranteed over a million dollars in new work.
- Obtained a $650,000 settlement on behalf of a local wireless back-haul systems company against a global manufacturer/supplier of semiconductor and infrastructure software.
- Successfully defended an aerospace Tier One supplier in a $4.3 million wage and hour class action and Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) matter, and negotiated a settlement for nuisance value.
- Represented countless debtors, creditors’ committees, secured and unsecured creditors, trustees, asset purchasers, and others in chapter 7 and chapter 11 bankruptcy cases, adversary proceedings, as well as out-of-court restructurings.
- Successfully represented client, subcontractor, in litigation filed in Orange County Superior Court against a general contractor and three insiders for breach of contract and fraud, where our client was hired as a subcontractor to perform services for which it did not receive final payment in the amount of over $200,000. Obtained a judgment for client against defendants for $624,803, including recovery of attorneys’ fees, costs, $408,228 in punitive damages, and daily interest in the amount of $171/day.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment in high-profile case defending tier-one automotive parts supplier against allegations vehicle component defects resulted in the death of two law enforcement officers.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment in high-profile case defending tier-one automotive parts supplier against allegations vehicle component defects resulted in vehicle occupant suffering traumatic injuries including paraplegias and spinal fractures.