Christopher J. Green
Prior to joining Palmieri Tyler, Christopher practiced as a litigator and bankruptcy attorney at an international Am Law 100 firm. Chris has represented a wide range of clients in cases including personal injury defense, complex business litigation, contract disputes, insurance law, wrongful death, and construction defect. In addition to representing individuals, Chris has represented insurance companies, national banks, bankruptcy trustees, and companies in the fields of retail, newspaper, aviation, automotive, environmental management, industrial manufacturing, and health care. Chris has served as a Director of the Orange County Bankruptcy Forum, San Diego Bankruptcy Forum, and San Diego Forum for Emerging Lawyers. Chris received his legal training from the University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, where he was an editor of the Journal of International Law and Foreign Affairs. During law school, he served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Erithe A. Smith and Honorable Neil W. Bason of the United States Bankruptcy Court – Central District. After law school, Chris served as a law clerk to the honorable Deborah J. Saltzman of the United States Bankruptcy Court – Central District, in Los Angeles, California.
Prior to law school, Chris researched truth detection and lie detection at the University of California, Los Angeles, and coauthored a paper on the topic published in the American College of Forensic Psychiatry. Chris has also worked as the Chief Operations Officer at one of the largest permit expediting companies in Washington State, opened a café/restaurant, and was a firefighter and emergency medical technician for over five years.
- Represent and serve as litigation counsel to multiple automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and Tier One automotive suppliers in matters throughout the United States and Canada, ranging from single vehicle product defect cases to massive multi-district product defect spanning all fifty states
- Served as panel litigation counsel for a national insurance carrier, successfully defending the insured in a wide range of litigation matters including catastrophic injury, wrongful death, construction defect, and breach of contract.
- Prevailed in numerous personal jurisdiction challenges at pleading stage, resulting in either dismissal or nuisance value settlements.
- Successfully defended a healthcare services business in a multi-million dollar breach of contract case, defeated a motion for summary judgment, and negotiated a zero dollar settlement whereby plaintiff voluntarily dismissed its case for a waiver of costs.
- Successfully defended a business specializing in the manufacture and production of rubber products in a $500,000+ breach of contract case, and negotiated a nuisance value settlement consisting primarily of plaintiff receiving a discount on future purchases – a “win-win” as the business was guaranteed over a million dollars in new work.
- Obtained a $650,000 settlement on behalf of a local wireless back-haul systems company against a global manufacturer/supplier of semiconductor and infrastructure software.
- Successfully defended an aerospace Tier One supplier in a $4.3 million wage and hour class action and Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) matter, and negotiated a settlement for nuisance value.
- Represented countless debtors, creditors’ committees, secured and unsecured creditors, trustees, asset purchasers, and others in chapter 7 and chapter 11 bankruptcy cases, adversary proceedings, as well as out-of-court restructurings.
- University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, J.D. (2013)
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., (2010) - cum laude
- Court Admissions
- Professional Memberships and Activities
- State Bar of California
- Orange County Bar Association
- College of Trial Advocacy, Orange County Bar Association, 2019
- Other Professional Experience
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable Erithe A. Smith and Honorable Neil W. Bason of the United States Bankruptcy Court - Central District
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Deborah H. Saltzman of the United States Bankruptcy Court - Central District
- May, 2016, "Bankruptcy Pitfalls and Practice Tips" Orange County Lawyer
- 2011, "Training Laypersons to Detect Deception in Oral Narratives and Exchanges" American Journal of Forensic Psychiatry
- Practice Areas