Dennis W. Ghan
Mr. Ghan is a real estate and corporate attorney whose career spans 40 years.
Landlords and tenants rely on Mr. Ghan to secure and negotiate large and complex commercial and industrial leases in California and the Western United States. He also represents office, retail and industrial property users in the technology, banking, healthcare, food distribution and automotive retailing sectors.
His practice involves the representation of homebuilders, land developers and commercial property investors and users with the acquisition and sale of properties, financing, subdividing, project documentation and working with regulatory agencies. He has represented automotive retailers in the acquisition and disposition of dealerships. In addition, he has represented doctors and medical groups in connection with business entity formation and financing, development and leasing of medical real estate assets.
- University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A. (1974)
- University of California, Hastings College of Law, J.D. (1977)
- Court Admissions
- Professional Memberships and Activities
- State Bar of California
- Past President and current Board of Directors member of Project Youth OCBF
- Building Industry Association of Southern California, Orange County Chapter
- Member of the Orange County Leadership Committee for UC Santa Barbara
- Past Trustee of UC Hastings Law School
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association (Real Property Section)
- Other Professional Experience
- Dennis has served as an instructor and panelist for classes in commercial leasing and office building service contracts sponsored by the California Continuing Education of the Bar and the Building Owners and Managers Association of Greater Los Angeles. He has also testified as an expert witness in litigation involving real estate transactions.
- Community Involvement
- Dennis is a past President of Project Youth OCBF, an organization whose mission is providing Orange County youth and families with academic and career development, health education and juvenile diversion programs.
- As a current Board of Directors member of Project Youth OCBF, Dennis has been actively involved in the Foundation's Project SELF (Summer Employment in Law Firms), a program designed to help urban Orange County youth gain work experience in professional environments.
- Practice Areas
- Hospitality Law
- Corporate & Securities
- Real Estate
- Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Development and Land Use
- Joint Venture and Entity Formation
- Common Interest Sub-Divisions
- Real Estate Finance