Dennis W. Ghan
Mr. Ghan is a real estate and corporate attorney whose career spans 35 years.
Landlords and tenants rely on Mr. Ghan to secure and negotiate large and complex commercial and industrial leases in California and the Western United States. He also represents office, retail and industrial property users in the technology, banking, healthcare, food distribution and automotive retailing sectors.
His corporate practice involves the representation of public and privately held homebuilders, land developers and commercial property users in the acquisition and sale of properties, financing, subdivisions, project documentation and working with regulatory agencies. He has represented doctors and medical groups in connection with business formation, financing and acquisition of real estate assets as well as leasing to other doctors to boost their business portfolios.
- University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A. (1974)
- University of California, Hastings College of Law, J.D. (1977)
- Court Admissions
- Professional Memberships and Activities
- State Bar of California
- Past President and current Board of Directors member of the Orange County Bar Foundation
- Building Industry Association of Southern California, Orange County and San Diego Chapters
- Trustee of Hastings College of Law and member of the Alumni Association
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association (Real Property Section)
- Other Professional Experience
- Dennis has served as an instructor and panelist for classes in commercial leasing and office building service contracts sponsored by the California Continuing Education of the Bar and the Building Owners and Managers Association of Greater Los Angeles. He has also testified as an expert witness in litigation involving real estate transactions.
- Community Involvement
- Dennis is a past President of the Orange County Bar Foundation, an organization whose mission is keeping at-risk youth out of jail, in school, healthy and drug free through education, counseling, and mentoring.
- As a current Board of Directors member of the Orange County Bar Foundation, Dennis has been actively involved in the Foundation's Project SELF (Summer Employment in Law Firms), a program designed to help urban youths gain work in a professional environment.
- Practice Areas
- Hospitality Law
- Corporate & Securities
- Real Estate
- Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Development and Land Use
- Joint Venture and Entity Formation
- Common Interest Sub-Divisions
- Real Estate Finance