Richard A. Salus is a partner of Palmieri Tyler. Mr. Salus practices in the areas of estate planning, wealth protection and general business and corporate law.
High net worth individuals and family owned businesses rely on his more than thirty years of experience and his sophisticated legal counsel and business acumen to execute their estate and gift tax planning strategies. They seek his guidance on personal and business wealth planning matters, including succession planning, wills, trusts and other documents related to personal and business asset protection. He also represents executors and trustees in decedents’ estates and prepares estate and gift tax returns. Mr. Salus also counsels his individual clients on post and prenuptial agreements and structured marital settlement agreements.
Mr. Salus’ corporate practice ranges from the representation of start-ups to emerging growth companies, to multimillion-dollar international corporations. It also includes the creation and ongoing representation of nonprofit corporations. He often acts as general counsel to businesses that do not have in-house legal departments, taking responsibility for the day-to-day legal needs. In that capacity, he handles the creation and execution of employment contracts, licensing agreements, franchising agreements, leases and real estate financing and acquisition matters.
- State of California
Professional Memberships and Activities
- State Bar of California
- Orange County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Mr. Salus was selected as a 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in “Trusts & Estates” by the American Lawyer and Corporate Counsel magazine.
- Volunteer, March of Dimes (1990-Present)
- Founding Board Member of the Capistrano Valley High School Foundation
- Past Chair of the annual Drive-Out ALS Golf Tournament to benefit the Orange County Chapter of the ALS Association