Richard A. Salus
Richard A. Salus is a partner of Palmieri Tyler. Mr. Salus practices in the areas of estate planning, wealth protection and general business and corporate law.
High net worth individuals and family owned businesses rely on his nearly thirty years of experience and his sophisticated legal counsel and business acumen to execute their estate and gift tax planning strategies. They seek his guidance on personal and business wealth planning matters, including succession planning, wills, trusts and other documents related to personal and business asset protection. He also represents executors and trustees in decedents' estates and prepares court documents, estate and gift tax returns for estates and trusts. Mr. Salus also counsels his individual clients on post and prenuptial agreements and structured marital settlement agreements.
Mr. Salus' corporate practice ranges from the representation of start-ups to emerging growth companies, to multimillion-dollar international corporations. It also includes the creation and ongoing representation of nonprofit corporations. He often acts as general counsel to businesses that do not have in-house legal departments, taking responsibility for the day-to-day legal needs. In that capacity, he handles the creation and execution of employment contracts, licensing agreements, franchising agreements, leases and real estate financing and acquisition matters.
- University of California, Riverside, B.A., History, with honors (1986)
- University of California, Hastings College of Law, J.D. (1989)
- Court Admissions
- Professional Memberships and Activities
- State Bar of California
- Orange County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Honors and Awards
- Mr. Salus was selected as a 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in "Trusts & Estates" by the American Lawyer and Corporate Counsel magazine.
- In 2013, the March of Dimes Foundation ranked Mr. Salus as the 27th top "Walk for Babies" fundraiser (out of 7 Million participants) in the United States.
- In 2015, the March of Dimes Foundation ranked Mr. Salus as Orange County's top walker in the March of Dimes' "Walk for Babies."
- Community Involvement
- Board Member and pro bono Legal Counsel for the Orange County, California, Chapter of the March of Dimes
- Founding Board Member of the Capistrano Valley High School Foundation
- Past Chair of the annual Drive-Out ALS Golf Tournament to benefit the Orange County Chapter of the ALS Association
- Practice Areas
- Corporate & Securities
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Franchise Law
- Start-up and Emerging Business
- Hospitality, Food and Beverage
- Real Estate
- Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Development and Land Use
- Tax Deferred Exchanges
- Joint Venture and Entity Formation
- Common Interest Sub-Divisions
- Property Tax
- Real Estate Finance
- Wealth Protection and Estate Planning
- Wealth Protection
- Estate Planning
- Estate Administration (Probate, Trust Litigation, etc.)
- Pre-Marital Planning
- Charitable Giving
- Succession Planning