Erica M. Sorosky
Ms. Sorosky is a litigator whose practice consists of a wide range of business, employment and other civil litigation matters. She has represented a variety of companies and individuals in matters involving breach of contract, fraud, real property, toxic tort, product defect, employment, environmental contamination/remediation, and construction-related issues. Ms. Sorosky practices in both state and federal court. She handles all aspects of the litigation process, including pre-filing strategy, discovery, substantive pre-trial law and motion, mediation, arbitration, trial preparation and representation, and post-judgment law and motion.
Ms. Sorosky was named a Super Lawyers Rising Star for 2013 - 2018, as published in Los Angeles Magazine and Super Lawyers Magazine. Los Angeles Magazine also named her as one of the Top Women Attorneys in Southern California for 2013 - 2018.
- Represent and serve as General Litigation and Employment Litigation Counsel for over 50 restaurants and fast food chains, catering companies, janitorial staffing companies, product manufacturers, installers of fabricated textile products, car wash businesses, car dealerships, technology companies and landscape businesses, to name a few.
- Obtained complete defense judgment on behalf of a civil engineering company against $4.5 million breach of contract and negligence claims brought by an international construction services company.
- Obtained judgement on behalf of an international fast food chain against a former employee for over $600,000 relating to causes of action for fraud, conversion and breach of fiduciary duty, among others.
- Represented an employee against his former employer, a global financial services firm, in a federal multimillion dollar employment litigation matter, achieving a seven figure settlement.
- Represent and defend employers in matters pending in state and federal administrative agencies, including the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE), U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and U.S. Department of Labor (DOL).
- Represent and defend employers in wage and hour class actions and Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) cases.
- Successfully defended and obtained summary judgment in multimillion dollar breach of contract matter and shareholder dispute on behalf of nightclub business.
- Settled complex litigation on behalf of a ground lessor against a ground lessee for breach of lease relating to contaminated commercial property.
- Settled potential multimillion dollar alleged sexual harassment and discrimination matter brought by former employee against restaurant employer for negligible damages.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of janitorial staffing company in multimillion dollar federal class action brought by former employees alleging a sundry of wage and hour violations.
- Represent and serve as National Coordinating Counsel for manufacturer of control valves in product defect-related litigation.
- Represented and served as National Coordinating Counsel for manufacturer of boiler and commercial water heating products in product defect-related litigation.
- Represented international hotel chain against various commercial tenants in business litigation disputes.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of an HVAC sub-contractor sued along with 20 other sub-contractors in multimillion dollar litigation for alleged defective construction work relating to the construction of a large-scale residential apartment complex in downtown Los Angeles.
- Obtained dozens of favorable rulings on summary judgment law and motion in a wide variety of business litigation matters.
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa (2004)
- University of California, Davis School of Law, J.D., U.C. Davis Law Review (2007)
- Court Admissions
- State of California
- U.S. District Court (Northern, Central, Southern, Eastern Districts of California)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Professional Memberships and Activities
- State Bar of California
- Orange County Bar Association
- William P. Gray Legion Lex American Inn of Court
- Associate Board Member, Orange County Bar Foundation
- Other Professional Experience
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable Bobbi Tillmon, Family Law Division, Santa Monica Superior Court (2005)
- September 25, 2014, "Enforceability of Choice-of-Law Provisions: Uber Confusing" Daily Journal
- January 6, 2015, "SB 1255: Redefining 'revenge porn' under law" Daily Journal
- Practice Areas
- Business Litigation
- Breach of Contract Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Product Defect Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution and Mediation
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation
- Condemnation and Inverse Condemnation Litigation
- Toxic Tort Litigation