Erica M. Sorosky
Ms. Sorosky is a litigator whose practice consists of a wide range of business, employment and other civil litigation matters. Ms. Sorosky practices in both state and federal court. She handles all aspects of the litigation process, including pre-filing strategy and counseling, discovery, substantive pre-trial law and motion, mediation, arbitration, trial preparation and representation, post-judgment law and motion, and appellate work.
Ms. Sorosky was named a Super Lawyers Rising Star for 2013 - 2019, as published in Los Angeles Magazine and Super Lawyers Magazine. Los Angeles Magazine also named her as one of the Top Women Attorneys in Southern California for 2013 - 2019.
- Represent and serve as General Litigation and Employment Litigation Counsel for over 50 restaurants and fast food chains, catering companies, janitorial staffing companies, product manufacturers, installers of fabricated textile products, car wash businesses, car dealerships, technology companies and landscape businesses, to name a few.
- Represent and defend employers in matters pending in state and federal administrative agencies, including the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and U.S. Department of Labor.
- Represent and defend employers in wage and hour class actions and Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) cases.
- Obtained complete defense judgment after arbitration on behalf of international engineering and development company against an international construction services company that alleged $4.5 million in damages arising from breach of contract and negligence claims.
- Obtained a $600,000 judgment on behalf of employer international fast food chain against a former employee relating to causes of action for fraud, conversion and breach of fiduciary duty, among others.
- Prevailed after trial in breach of contract and indemnity matter on behalf of plaintiff purchaser of commercial property against defendant seller.
- Represented a finance executive employee against his former employer, a global financial services firm, in a federal employment litigation matter, achieving a seven figure settlement.
- Represented an employee against his former employer in a wrongful termination and disability discrimination matter achieving a near seven figure settlement.
- Represented a fashion executive against her former employer obtaining a seven figure severance package on her behalf.
- Settled sexual harassment and discrimination matter brought by former employee against client restaurant employer for negligible damages.
- Obtained nuisance value settlement on behalf of employer janitorial staffing company in multi-million dollar federal wage and hour class action brought by employees.
- Obtained a $650,000 settlement on behalf of a local wireless back-haul systems company against a global manufacturer/supplier of semiconductor and infrastructure software.
- Successfully defended and obtained summary judgment in multi-million dollar breach of contract matter and shareholder dispute on behalf of business.
- Represented and served as National Coordinating Counsel for manufacturer of control valves in product defect-related litigation.
- Obtained dozens of favorable rulings on summary judgment law and motion in a wide variety of business litigation matters.
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa (2004)
- University of California, Davis School of Law, J.D., U.C. Davis Law Review (2007)
- Court Admissions
- State of California
- U.S. District Court (Northern, Central, Southern, Eastern Districts of California)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Professional Memberships and Activities
- State Bar of California
- Women Presidents' Organization
- Orange County Bar Association
- William P. Gray Legion Lex American Inn of Court
- Associate Board Member, Orange County Bar Foundation
- Other Professional Experience
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable Bobbi Tillmon, Family Law Division, Santa Monica Superior Court (2005)
- September 25, 2014, "Enforceability of Choice-of-Law Provisions: Uber Confusing" Daily Journal
- January 6, 2015, "SB 1255: Redefining 'revenge porn' under law" Daily Journal
- Practice Areas
- Business Litigation
- Employment Litigation