Employment Litigation & Counseling
Palmieri Tyler’s employment attorneys have a firm grasp on how businesses should operate and endeavor to serve the businesses that turn to them for guidance in a responsive and efficient manner. The employment group’s structure provides clients with regular partner contact while maintaining cost-effective representation. The group assists clients with policy planning, contract drafting and negotiating, and management training aspects of employee relations, as well as litigation matters.
In addition to successful courtroom advocacy at the trial and appellate levels, the group is also experienced appearing before administrative and regulatory bodies on behalf of employers, including the California Labor Commissioner, California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Palmieri Tyler’s clients include small business restaurants and fast-food chains, janitorial staffing companies, product manufacturers, installers of fabricated textile products, car wash businesses, technology companies and landscape businesses, to name a few. While our attorneys have done work with companies large and small, many mid-sized businesses appreciate the value offered by Palmieri Tyler’s practical approach to employment issues.
The following is a sampling of matters typically undertaken by our employment group:
- Wrongful termination
- Discrimination and harassment claims
- Retaliation claims
- Wage and hour matters
- Class and collective actions
- Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) actions
- Employment contracts and nondisclosure agreements
- Severance and separation agreements
- Reduction in force
- Leaves (military, family, etc.) provisions and compliance
- Employee discipline matters
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration
- Americans with Disabilities Act provisions and compliance
- Unfair business practices and competition matters
- Drafting of personnel policies and employee handbooks